The Florida 4-H Overnight Chaperone Certification Training was developed in 2009 and implemention started in 2010. In 2013, those certified in 2010 will need to be re-certified.
• 21 years of age
• Completed and passed screening/background check
• Received recommendation of your county 4-H agent
• Complete and pass face-to-face and on-line training
• Handout: Florida 4-H Chaperone Guidebook
1. Complete a Volunteer Leader Application & Screening
2. Attend Section I & II with a 4-H agent or trained volunteer;
3. Complete the Chaperone Survey (Precourse) before attending the class
4. Complete Section III, IV, V, and VI on-line
5. Complete the Certification Test and Chaperone Survey (Postcourse)
• If you pass your certification test (80% or higher), see your county 4-H agent for your certificate.
Certification is good for 3 years (Sample Certificate)
You may elect to be in a State pool of chaperones for various state event
• If you do not pass, see your county 4-H agent for instructions on re-taking the course.
A complete copy of all the handouts for the course is located at
http://florida4h.org go to VOLUNTEERS then CHAPERONE CERTIFICATION